Lizard Island Resort
Full Board from £599 per person per night
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
In a secluded and stunning location, away from the hustle and bustle of city life, Lizard Island is a striking resort surrounded by the beauty of the Great Barrier Reef. Boasting unspoiled views of this phenomenal and iconic portion of Australia, as well as 24 blissful beaches, stays at this resort really will feel like paradise. Lizard Island resort is understated yet distinctly luxurious – each of the 40 suites captures the essence of its surroundings perfectly, fusing comfort with style. With the reef right on your doorstep, there are few properties as well positioned for exploring this area.
Located in the Great Barrier Reef on the island of the same name, Lizard Island boasts a secluded location and spectacular views. This expansive national park features 24 beaches and a lagoon, and is easily reached from nearby Cairns.
- The resort is a 60 minute scenic flight from Cairns
The resort provides 40 luxury rooms and suites.
Each room features:
- Air conditioning and ceiling fan
- En-suite bathroom with bathrobes and hairdryer
- Bath amenities
- Bose sound system with CD player and iPod connectivity
- Beach towels
- Aroma therapy oil burner
- Fully stocked mini bar
- Evening turndown service
- Tea/Coffee-making facilities
- Safety deposit box
- Iron/Ironing board
- Beach View Rooms – Situated in the tropical gardens with access to the beach and Anchor Bay, featuring a private balcony and a hammock
- Beach View Suites – With private balconies overlooking the lush gardens, these sites enjoy a separate living area
- Anchor Bay Suites – Featuring a large veranda with a daybed and a pathway directly to the beach, these suites are located along Anchor Bay and offer beautiful sea views
- The Pavilion – Situated high on Sunset Ridge, The Pavilion is private and luxurious, featuring a private plunge pool, private beach access, and champagne and fruit on arrival
- The Villa - secluded, with uninterrupted views looking out across Sunset Beach and the Coral Sea. Featuring a master bedroom with a luxury ensuite and bath and a second bedroom also complete with an ensuite, a large lounge area with a Butlers kitchen. The villa comes with its own private plunge pool where guests can enjoy champagne and canapes while watching the sunset.
- Salt Water – with idyllic views onto the waterfront, Salt Water specialises in modern Australian cuisine, open for breakfast 7am-10am, lunch 12pm-2:30pm and dinner 6:30pm-9pm
- Driftwood Bar & Wine Cellar – Laid-back lounge with hot and soft drinks, cocktails, spirits, beers and an extensive wine list
- Signature Beachside Dining Experience – An indulgent experience with a seven-course degustation menu and accompanying wines; available to book before or during your stay
- Gourmet picnic hampers - float out on a rubber dinghy to a deserted beach to relax and enjoy a gourmet picnic hamper, the Lizard Island team will take care of everything so you can sit back without a care in the world
- Essential Spa
- Freshwater swimming pool
- Guest lounge
- Catamaran trips
- Nature trails and self-guided island walks
- Motorised dinghies
- Diving, sailing and sunset cruise trips available (additional cost)
The resort does not accept children under 10 years.
The Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority have implemented an environmental management charge (EMC). The EMC applies to all visitors to the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park. As Lizard Island is located within the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park, the below fee will be incurred and is payable by guests direct on check out;
An additional Environmental Management Charge of $6 per person per day to a maximum of $18 per person per stay will be charged.