The Henry Jones Art Hotel
from £117 per person per night
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
The Henry Jones Art Hotel is Australia’s first dedicated art hotel offering some of the quirkiest accommodation in Tasmania. Based in the restored former H Jones and Co jam factory, this is a part-hotel, part-gallery showcasing the fantastic modern works of Tasmanian artists while offering a luxurious place to stay at the heart of Hobart.
The hotel is a beautiful contradiction – a blend of chic modern furnishings with vintage styling as ultra-modern furniture and amenities sit next to original spiral staircases and characterful timber ceilings.
The hotel’s highly convenient location at the heart of Hobart’s trendiest district makes it a fantastic choice if you’re looking for a base to explore Tasmania’s capital and the surrounding area. The elegant and stylish atmosphere makes it perfect for couples, but the hotel also happily caters to families too.
On the hotel’s premises you’ll find the renowned Henry’s Restaurant, which offers a simple yet utterly delicious menu of modern Australia cuisine. You can also head to the iconic IXL Long Bar where you’ll find an exceptional range of beers and wines, served alongside artisan cocktails, many of which you won’t find anywhere else.
The hotel sits in Hobart, the capital of Tasmania. Right on the wharf at Sullivans Cove, this is one of the most charming and trendy areas of the city. Wander the cobblestone pavements and get to know the real Hobart – many of the city’s major attractions, including the Tasmania Museum and Art Gallery, are within easy walking distance.
- The airport is around a 20-minute transfer away
There is a total of 56 rooms, all featuring:
- Air conditioning
- Free Wi-Fi
- Flatscreen TV with DVD player
- Original artworks
- King-sized bed
The following room types are available:
- Artist Studio Lofts – set across two levels with a bedroom area and a living space
- Standard Room – these chic rooms are spacious and stylish with timber features
- Standard Harbour View Rooms – looking out over the Hobart waterfront with additional views over the city and Mount Wellington
- Superior Harbour View Rooms – larger rooms with a full-size bathtub and a private balcony with scenic views
- Deluxe Spa Rooms – stylish rooms with a spa tub as well as upgraded amenities
- Oriental Suites – with tasteful Asian décor and additional facilities including an overflowing spa tub, a Nespresso coffee machine and an iPod docking station
- Peacock Terrace – this heritage listed property is brimming with character thanks to the fine artworks and the oldest spiral staircase in Tasmania, it also features stunning water and city views, two bedrooms and kitchenette facilities
- The H Jones Suite – steeped in history, this room was originally the boardroom for the J. Hones and Co IXL Jam Company. Characterful yet contemporary
- Henry’s Restaurant – the hotel’s signature restaurant is open for both breakfast and dinner, serving a delicious menu of treats and putting an emphasis on locally-sourced ingredients. The small but perfectly formed dinner menu offers the piece de resistance of a fantastic cheese menu – a perfect way to end a delicious meal
- IXL Long Bar – this stylish cocktail bar is one of the hotel’s finest features with a discerning cocktail menu, a superb wine list and a range of craft beers from across Tasmania, Australia and the world
- Jam Packed Café – open for breakfast and lunch with a delicious range of light meals including cooked breakfasts, burgers, toasties and pies
- Unique, original artworks throughout the hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Fitness centre
- Car park