Daydream Island Resort & Spa
from £99 per person per night
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
Travel to the award winning Daydream Island Resort & Spa and step into a tropical paradise. Nestled on an island of the same name, only a 30 minute catamaran ride from Hamilton Island, this vibrant resort is home to an abundance of exciting activities and facilities to make your holiday an unforgettable one.
Living Reef, the resort’s man-made outdoor aquarium, is a big highlight. With over 140 species of marine life, colourful corals, and fantastic activities such as wading with the stingrays, this attraction will be sure to thrill the whole family.
The children will love this island resort, with fun-filled children’s programs, three large, lagoon style swimming pools, and tasty food and drinks. Families are well accommodated here, with the option of interconnected rooms and suites, featuring bright contemporary décor and breath-taking views. As the children have fun, the adults will relish the Rejuvenation Spa with its holistic, pampering treatments, as well as a sip of frozen daiquiri at the swim-up bar.
With an outdoor cinema, brilliant water sports, free WiFi, a mini-golf course and a range of delicious restaurants, you’ll never get bored that this wonderful island retreat.
*** Please note, Daydream Island is currently closed for full renovation until 29 September 2018 - we are taking bookings from the 1 November 2018 onwards. ***
This tropical resort is nestled on Daydream Island, one of seven Molle Group isles that form a sub-group of the beautiful Whitsunday Islands, along the North Eastern coast of Queensland. A big, exotic peninsula with pristine beaches and luscious rainforest, Daydream Island is a secluded oasis with plenty of on-site activities and gorgeous views of the islands surrounding it.
- 30 minutes by catamaran from Great Barrier Reef Airport on Hamilton Island
There are 296 rooms and suites, all featuring:
- Ensuite and shower
- Air conditioning
- Bar size fridge and mini bar
- Complimentary tea and coffee facilities
- Safety deposit box
- Iron and ironing board
- Hair dryer
- Standard Garden – Comfortable rooms near the centre of the resort, with views of the tropical gardens. Choose between either two queen beds or one king bed and one double sofa bed. Sleeps a maximum of four people, including two adults and two children.
- Garden Balcony – With the same amenities as the Standard Garden, plus a spacious balcony or patio area overlooking the pools, gardens or rainforest. Choose between either two queen beds or one king bed and one double sofa bed. Sleeps a maximum of four people, including two adults and two children.
- Ocean Balcony – The same as the Garden Balcony, with views of either the sparkling marina or Mermaids Beach. Choose between either two queen beds or one king bed and one double sofa bed. Sleeps a maximum of four people, including two adults and two children.
- Coral Ocean Balcony – Airy rooms located in the Coral wing, with uninterrupted views of the ocean. Choose between either two queen beds or one king bed and one double sofa bed. Sleeps a maximum of four people, including two adults and two children.
- Reef Suite – Colourful suites with two queen beds, a sitting area, and a balcony with gorgeous views. Families can also interconnect this suite with a Daydreamer Suite. Sleeps a maximum of four people, including two adults and two children.
- Daydreamer Suite – Perfect for couples, this suite has a king size bed overlooking the ocean and Lovers Cove, plus a double bed sofa, a spa bath, and a large balcony. Sleeps a maximum of four people, including two adults and two children.
- Ocean Paradise Suite – There is only one luxurious Ocean Paradise Suite, featuring exclusive ocean views from two balconies, a spa bath and dual shower, two TV’s, plus a separate living and dining area. Sleeps a maximum of four people, including two adults and two children.
- Family Rooms – Two spacious resort rooms with an interconnecting door – available with Garden Balcony, Ocean Balcony and Coral Ocean Balcony rooms. Sleeps a maximum of eight guests.
- Mermaids – The resort’s signature restaurant, serving modern Australian food including burgers, steaks, and the seafood tower with freshly caught shell fish. Open 11.30am-2.30pm for lunch, and open from 5.30pm - 8pm for dinner.
- Boat House Bakery – A delicious bakery offering a selection of sandwiches, wraps, cakes and pastries. Open daily from 9.30am – 4pm.
- Coffee Bean Café – Located in the atrium, this casual café is a popular gathering spot, serving cakes, snacks, hot drinks, milkshakes and smoothies.
- Fishbowl Tavern – A laidback restaurant serving a bistro style a la carte menu and a children’s menu. Home to the outdoor cinema and open from 5.30pm.
- Gilligans Bar & Health Hut – A chilled poolside service with smoothies and ice creams for the kids, and frozen daiquiris and cocktails for the adults. Open on selected days, changing each week.
- Lagoon Bar – Enjoy pre-dinner drinks in the atrium bar, with delicious drinks and live music with guest artists and popular in-house band The Bali Boys. Open 4.30pm-late daily.
- Splashes – A cool swim-up bar serving international beers, light lunches and ice creams. Open from 11am, with food available from 12pm-3pm.
- Waterfalls Restaurant – Sitting on one of the Living Reef Lagoon banks, this comfortable restaurant offers delicious buffets. Open for breakfast 6.30am-10am daily, and has three sittings for dinner, 6.30pm, 7.30pm and 8.30pm.
- The resort features three large, lagoon style swimming pools, located at the north end of the resort. Close together, one features Splashes, the swim-up bar.
- Located on an island, the resort is surrounded by the Indian Ocean.
- Multiple water sports are available, including diving and snorkelling.
- Stinger season takes place between October and March every year, during this time a stinger suit must be worn when swimming in the Whitsundays.
- Rejuvenation Spa – A serene spa comprising of 16 treatment rooms overlooking the ocean. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the holistic therapeutic and pampering treatments at this award winning spa. There are plenty of lovely facilities too, including steam effusion showers, dual spa baths and private relaxation areas.
- Putt Your Way Around Australia mini golf course
- Tennis courts
- 44ft outdoor cinema on the beach
- Living Reef – the resort’s outdoor aquarium
- Children aged 0-14 years can stay free of charge if sharing a room with adults and utilising existing bedding.
- Skipper Club – Open daily; choose between an hour session and a four hour session. There are two programs, the 0-5 year’s program that includes arts and crafts, imaginative play and an outdoor playground, and the 6-12 years program with fun outdoor games and activities around the island. The older kids will love taking part in treasure hunts, fish feeding and coconut bowling. Must be pre-booked.
- Living Reef – Located by the entrance of the resort, this fun-filled facility is one of the largest man-made living coral reef lagoons in the world. Home to over 140 species of fish and 83 species of coral, there are free educational feeding sessions from 10am and 12.30am. Kids will be sure to love the Stingray Splash Experience, wading knee deep into the reef to say hello to Pikelet and Pancake, the Reef’s stingrays (de-barbed)