Sydney stay & Tasmania cruise
10 nights from £1,399 per person
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
Begin exploring the sunshine city of Sydney on an escorted 4 day tour taking you to see the highlights of the city and the nearby absolutely breathtaking blue mountains and wildlife park Adventure around Australia's southeast coast taking you from the wonderful and enticing Sydney down to Tasmania to enjoy the spectacular wildlife on offer here, stroll through Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens, enjoy tasting the local cuisine and enjoy the impressive array of native Australian animals here, while enjoying comfortable and all-inclusive dining and activities on board the Jewel ship (AA-NCL).
- Visit the capital of Tasmania - a city that blends culture, history and vibrance among its stunning beauty
- Enjoy local cheeses and whiskey while in Burnie
- Spot the platypus,, a duck-billed mammal and the penguins in the wild
- Explore the islands beauty, perhaps spotting the famous Tasmanian Devil
- Stop off in Melbourne and perhaps visit the wildlife park to wave at wallabies and get up close to Koala's
- Enjoy two days of relaxation at sea to make the most of the ships facilties
Itinerary starts on the 10th December 2018
Arrive into Sydney
Upon arrival transfer and check into your hotel to relax after your flight and get ready to explore this sunshine filled city - take a wander down to the darling harbour and enjoy views of the Opera House, perhaps even book to see the Opera this evening a magical, once in a lifetime experience (pre-booking required).
Hotel: Rydges Central (standard) or Hyatt Regency Darling Harbour (Superior) for 3 nights
Sydney sights & harbour cruise lunch
In the morning, stroll across The Corso to see the beach that has made Manly famous! Cross Sydney Harbour Bridge and pause en-route at Milsons Point to take some photos of the inspiring skyline with views of the Opera House and Harbour Bridge. Visit Arabanoo lookout for a panoramic view of the Manly headland then dip your toes in the waters of Manly Beach before returning to the city for a buffet lunch cruise around Sydney Harbour. Learn about the your surroundings whilst eating a seafood lunch and In the afternoon, tour the city with a guide, including the Opera House, Royal Botanic Gardens and Mrs Macquarie’s Chair. At the end of the day, visit the world-famous Bondi Beach where you can take a wander along the shoreline and dip your toes in the clear water.
(Breakfast and lunch included)
Blue Mountains & wildlife park
Head West to the iconic Blue Mountains. From Echo Point, admire the view of the Three Sisters rock formation and the vistas of Jamison Valley before a visit to Scenic World (360 degree panoramic views). If you’re feeling adventurous, you can ride the world’s steepest railway here (own expense). Afterwards, stop off at Leura to browse the charming antique shops, stroll the streets and enjoy a 2-course lunch. Visit the Featherdale Wildlife Park to see an array of fascinating species up close, including the cuddly koala, kangaroos, crocodiles and possums. Take an optional cruise down the Parramatta River to Sydney Harbour.
(Breakfast and lunch included)
Enjoy another free day to explore your surroundings in Sydney before embarking on the Jewel cruise ship for departure at 18:45
Full day at sea to enjoy the on-board facilities on route to the Tasmanian Island.
Arrive in port at 7am, allowing plenty of time to explore today. Why not head through the rolling countryside to Wing’s Farm Park for a chance to see Australia’s native animals or sample the local cheeses at a tasting workshop.
Arrive in Hobart at 11am, you’ll have another full day to explore with the departure time not until 9pm today. Hobart is filled with culture, history and vibrancy. Stroll the cobblestone square with its boutique shops, restaurants, live music and art galleries or journey to the peninsula to explore more of Tasmania’s beauty – perhaps spot the Tasmanian Devil here.
Opt to go on a countryside and wine tour or an Oysters and wine delicious tour sampling the local Oysters and wine.
Arrive early in the once richest city in the world, thanks to the abundance of gold. Melbourne is the cultural capital – explore its striking architecture, chic galleries and quaint boutiques. Opt to wave at a wallaby and get up close to Koala’s at the lovely Wildlife Park.
Disembark in Sydney this morning.
Transfer to the airport for your onwards flight.
Select between the following room types on board the Jewel:
- Inside Cabin - accommodates 2-4 guests with 12.8 - 13.2sqm of space
- Oceanview - Clear sea views from your window sleeping between 2-4 guests with 14.4- 15 sqm of space
- Balcony - with floor to ceiling glass doors which open onto your own private balcony showcasing the spectacular sea views and breeze. Sleeps 3-4 guests in 19sqm cabins with a seating area both inside and on the balcony.
- Mini- Suite - Similar balcony and seating amenities as the room above only with 25.2sqm including a luxury shower and bath in the ensuite
- Two bedroom Suite - Perfect for families sleeps up to 6 guests in 50.7sqm including a lounge and dining area, balcony with stunning views and the finest touches including a butler service. Bathroom with shower and a separate ensuite with bathtub and shower as well as double sink vanities.
- Penthouse with Large Balcony - Spacious 31.6 - 53.6sqm sleeping between 3-4 guests with a large private balcony including sunbeds and a seating/ dining area.
- The Haven - select between the 3-bedroom Garden Villa, Owners Suite with large balcony, 2-bedroom Family Villa or the Penthouse with balcony
There are many dining options on board the Jewel, guests can enjoy complimentary dining at the following restaurants:
- Azura - serving a selection of culinary delights with a contemporary flair
- Chin Chin - Asian Fusion with freshly prepared noodles, soups, wok fried dishes and more
- Garden Cafe - buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner with floor to ceiling oceanview windows
- O'Sheehan's - Irish pub classics serving all you can eat ribs and draft beer in a cool and casual setting open 24 hours
- Sky High Bar & Grill - Enjoy fabourites such as hot dogs, hamburgers and bratwurst at the Sky High Bar
A la carte dining options are also available on board with selections from the Sushi bar, cocktail and coffee bar, steak restaurant, Italian, French, Brazilian steakhouse with impressive salad bar and room service is available at a supplement.